You probably know by now that Instagram is a big deal. A whopping one billion people use it every month, and 500 million people use it every day. Instagram is an asset for businesses as 200 million users visit at least one business account every day. The platform is approaching its 10th anniversary, and the scope for business opportunities on Instagram is growing.
The key to success on Instagram is entirely visual. If you create great visual content, your account will grow, which will lead to increased brand awareness and more visits to your website.
So, how can I create great visual content for Instagram?
1. Use stock images for your niche
The Instagram marketplace is an excellent opportunity to gain visibility for your business, but it’s competitive. You need to stand out from the crowd and find your niche. Companies that focus on a particular topic are thriving. By sticking to a niche, companies can target a narrow, specific audience; these individuals are the most likely to buy their products and services. Make sure that the images you post are specific to your niche.
A quick and easy way to find relevant content is to use stock images from websites such as Unsplash or Pexels. I’d recommend purchasing an Adobe Stock account if stock images are going to be a big part of your Instagram marketing strategy. Adobe Stock doesn’t just provide images, the website also has a bank of stock videos for most niches. Videos are great for increasing engagement on Instagram.
2. Make content for IGTV
We’re witnessing the rise of vertical videos. Instagram as a platform is always keen to introduce the next big thing, and IGTV is the next trend to follow. IGTV has been compared to the viral video giant YouTube, and we can see why. Celebrities and bloggers are creating IGTV content regularly as it is a brilliant way to engage and entertain followers. While creating videos takes time and effort, this effort will pay off in the form of high engagement.
Some top tips for using IGTV:
- Make sure your video fits the 9:16 ratio.
- Your video should be between 2 and 5 minutes long for optimum engagement.
- Use editing software which enables animation and graphics to be added to your video to make them visually stimulating to viewers.
3. Instagram Checkout
In March 2019, Instagram introduced the long-awaited Checkout feature. Shoppers can now buy from their favourite brands without leaving the app. Brands can tag their images with the products that feature in them. This is a motivation to make images on business accounts high-quality, as the better the image, the more likely the user is to buy the product featured in the image. It’s a big win for both brands and their customers as purchases can be made instantaneously.
Top tips for Instagram Checkout:
- Make sure you remember to enable shopping on your feed by tagging your products.
- Add shopping stickers to your stories to increase sales.
- If you have 10,000 followers or more, use the ‘swipe up’ feature to lead customers straight to your website. It’ll also help your engagement rate!
4. Make use of user-generated images
Not only do user-generated images have a high engagement rate, but they also encourage customers to interact with your brand on social media. Asking for permission and then reposting images of individuals using your product will prove that your product is worth buying.
Gifting your products to local influencers and bloggers is also a good way to generate content. They will most likely post pictures on their Instagram feeds that feature your brand. It’s a seal of approval from an individual that influences their followers’ buying decisions.
Top tips for user-generated images:
- Ask permission before reposting customers’ images and always credit them in the caption.
- Create a brand hashtag that customers can include in their posts, for example, #ThisIsNewLook.
- Put your branded hashtag in your bio and in your Instagram stories.
You’re ready to start creating brilliant visual content!
If you use these tools in your Instagram marketing strategy, you’ll see your engagement rate and your sales rise in no time. Now go and make it happen!